But first, a couple of funny signs
Every day Innocentenglish.com posts 2 new funny signs and a funny quick break post. This Quick Break section has today’s quick break plus previous ones, so you can browse thru any you missed.
Funny Signs of the Day
Now Today’s Daily Quick Break:
These are some of the best sport quotes and bloopers mistatements:
“Sometimes they write what I say and not what I mean.”
-Pedro Guerrero, on sportswriters
“Sure. I’m proud to be an American.”
-Cincinnati Reds rookie pitcher Steve Foster, asked by a Canadian customs agent if he had anything to declare.
“The Yankees are only interested in one thing, and I don’t know what that is.”
-Former Yankee outfielder Louos Polonia
“It’s a partial sellout.”
-Atlanta Braves broadcaster Skip Caray, trying not to say the game has only drawn 6,000 fans.
“Why does everybody stand up and sing ‘Take Me Out to the Ballgame’ when they’re already there?
To read the rest, go to: Stupid Sports Quotes, Bloopers and Dumb Mistatements
Every day InnocentEnglish.com posts a new funny or cool Quick Break. The Quick Break section has today’s quick break plus previous ones so you can browse through any you missed.
Quick Break Pic of the Day. Caption this Pic!
â€œI can play in the center, on the right, and occasionally on the left side.â€ â€“ soccer star David Beckham, asked if he was a â€œvolatileâ€ player.
Sorry, I donâ€™t know much about you. I donâ€™t follow tennis.â€
Christina Aguilera to Tiger Woods, after he told her he loved her music.
“I’ve never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body.” – Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward.
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” – Jason Kidd, upon his drafting to the Dallas Mavericks.
“Half this game is ninety per cent mental.” – Danny Ozark, Philadelphia Phillies manager
To read the rest, go to: Funny Sports Bloopers: Dumb quotes by athletes and sports celebrities
1. Well, I see in the game in Minnesota that Terry Felton has relieved himself on the mound in the second inning. — Fred White, Kansas City Royals sportscaster, reading a wire-service summary that mistakenly showed the same starter and relief pitcher for the Minnesota Twins.
2. “I’ve never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body.” – Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward.
3. “We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” – Jason Kidd, upon his drafting to the Dallas Mavericks.
4. “I’ve won at every level, except college and pro.”
-Shaquille O’Neal, on his lack of championships.
5. “I quit school in the sixth grade because of pneumonia. Not because I had it, but because I couldn’t spell it.”
-Boxing great Rocky Graziano
6. “I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father”
7. “I’m rich. What am I supposed to do, hide it?”
-Detroit Tiger Lou Whitaker, arriving in a stretch limo for a players’ union meeting during the 1994 baseball strike.
8. “The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing.”
Dizzy Dean explaining how he felt after being hit on the head by a ball in the 1934 World Series.
9. â€œI can play in the center, on the right, and occasionally on the left side.â€ â€“ soccer star David Beckham, asked if he was a â€œvolatileâ€ player.
10. “Half this game is ninety per cent mental.” – Danny Ozark, Philadelphia Phillies manager.
“There is one word in America that says it all, and that word is, ‘You never know.'”
-Pitcher Joaquin Andujar
“That’s why I don’t talk. Because I talk too much.”