Top 10 Dumb Sports Quotes & Bloopers of All Time
1. Well, I see in the game in Minnesota that Terry Felton has relieved himself on the mound in the second inning. — Fred White, Kansas City Royals sportscaster, reading a wire-service summary that mistakenly showed the same starter and relief pitcher for the Minnesota Twins.
2. “I’ve never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body.” – Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward.
3. “We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” – Jason Kidd, upon his drafting to the Dallas Mavericks.
4. “I’ve won at every level, except college and pro.”
-Shaquille O’Neal, on his lack of championships.
5. “I quit school in the sixth grade because of pneumonia. Not because I had it, but because I couldn’t spell it.”
-Boxing great Rocky Graziano
6. “I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father”
7. “I’m rich. What am I supposed to do, hide it?”
-Detroit Tiger Lou Whitaker, arriving in a stretch limo for a players’ union meeting during the 1994 baseball strike.
8. “The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing.”
Dizzy Dean explaining how he felt after being hit on the head by a ball in the 1934 World Series.
9. â€œI can play in the center, on the right, and occasionally on the left side.â€ â€“ soccer star David Beckham, asked if he was a â€œvolatileâ€ player.
10. “Half this game is ninety per cent mental.” – Danny Ozark, Philadelphia Phillies manager.
“There is one word in America that says it all, and that word is, ‘You never know.'”
-Pitcher Joaquin Andujar
“That’s why I don’t talk. Because I talk too much.”
5 thoughts on “Top 10 Dumb Sports Quotes & Bloopers of All Time”
If it was me, I didn’t.
“His strength’s his strength and that’s his strength, his strength.”
-Soccer coach Kevin Keegan
“The Marlins are winning 7-5. They’re in a rain delay now. They were losing 5-1 before the rain delay.”
-Tom McCarthy, Phillies broadcaster
My favourite was by someone… not sure who..
“I can throw with my left hand and my right hand. I’m amphibious”!!!!
lol go jason kidd!!! y dont you just keep your team goin the same way tho