I had just sat down to eat a nice dinner with my family when the phone rang. For the last several days I had been waiting for a phone call to tell me if I got a new, higher paying, job or not. In these economic times I could use every penny I could get. Anyways, the phone rang and I immediately jumped up from the table, knocking over my wine glass in the process. Upset, my wife yelled at me and the kids started crying. Ignoring all the commotion, I dashed to the phone and picked up the callâ€¦.only to find out it was a telemarketer! If only there was a handy list somewhere to get revenge for another interrupted dinner lying aroundâ€¦
10 Ways to Annoy a Telemarketer
10. When they ask “How are you today?” Tell them! “I’m so glad you asked
because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems; my
arthritis is acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my dog just died…”
9. If they say they’re John Doe from XYZ Company, ask them to spell their name.
Then ask them to spell the company name. Then ask them where it is located.
Continue asking them personal questions or questions about their company for as
long as necessary.
8. Cry out in surprise, “Judy! Is that you? Oh my God! Judy, how have you been?”
Hopefully, this will give Judy a few brief moments of pause as she tries to
figure out where she could know you from.
7. If MCI calls trying to get you to sign up for the Family and Friends Plan,
reply, in as SINISTER a voice as you can, “I don’t have any friends… would
you be my friend?”
6. If they want to loan you money, tell them you just filed for bankruptcy and
you could sure use some money.
5. Tell the telemarketer you are on “home incarceration” and ask if they could
bring you a case of beer and some chips
4. After the telemarketer gives their spiel, ask him/her to marry you. When
they get all flustered, tell them that you could not just give your credit
card number to a complete stranger.
3. Tell the telemarketer you are busy at the moment and ask them if they will
give you their HOME phone number so you can call them back. When the
telemarketer explains that they cannot give out their HOME number, you say “I
guess you don’t want anyone bothering you at home, right?” The telemarketer
will agree and you say, “Now you know how I feel!” Say good by – and Hang up.
2. Insist that the caller is really your buddy Leon, playing a joke. “Come on
Leon, cut it out! Seriously, Leon, how’s your mom?”
And first and foremost:
1. Tell them to talk VERY SLOWLY, because you want to write EVERY WORD down.
Post Topic: Top 10 ways to annoy a Telemarketer