Microsoft vs. General Motors: Computers and Cars Joke
With the state of the economy our automotive industry is in the tank. It is kaput, completely toast, but at least it is not the computer industry. If the American automotive industry is Windows then imports must be Macintosh. Expensive but run like a well oiled machineâ€¦.pardon the pun. And Iâ€™m typing this from a PC. The analogies are endless but thatâ€™s not why we are here, right? Weâ€™re here to find some funnies and have a good laugh! So what happens if GM built cars like Microsoft builds software? Read on to find outâ€¦
Microsoft vs. General Motors
At a recent computer expo, Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated “If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.
In response to Bill’s comments, General Motors issued a press release stating: If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:
1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.
2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.
3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive – but would run on only five percent of the roads.
6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single “General Protection Fault” warning light.
7. The airbag system would ask “Are you sure?” before deploying.
8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
9. Every time GM introduced a new car, car buyers would have to learn to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
10. You’d have to press the “Start” button to turn the engine off.
page topic: Microsoft vs. General Motors joke
One thought on “Microsoft vs. General Motors: Computers and Cars Joke”
WOW!!! POKE GATES. HECK THIS IS KOOL