Movie Quotes from Legends of the Fall: Quotes from the movie Legends of the Fall
Because you love her, I will forgive you for that, ONCE, you say that again and we’re not brothers, ONCE.
Brother 1: I wanna ask you to watch over my children, watch over Samuel Brother 2: Brother it would be an honor
1) Hello Samuel 2) Hello. Who is this lady? 1) I’m your aunt Susannah. I used to know your uncle Samuel who died in the war. I think you look like him. 2) That’s what Grandpa says!
1) I’ll bring you back the Kaiser’s helmet. 2) Bring yourself back. That would please me more.
1) Is she a virgin? 2) Good Lord, Tristan! 1) Well you brought it up. 2) Well of course she is! 1) Are you? 2) Well now….um….
1) Screw the government! 2) Screw em!
1) Still hung over? 2) Still drunk.
1) Will he be back? 2) I don’t know. Stab says yes.
1)Alfred… she is to be your brother’s wife!
2)Yes! Though you might better remind him of that fact.
1)He is not here to defend himself.
2)NOOOO he isn’t but i see you are here to defend him and what is his…even though he’s abandoned her and you ….. and i won’t even speak of who else he abandoned.
1)DON’T YOU BLAME MY SON FOR SAMUEL’S DEATH! SAMUEL CHOSE TO BE A SOLDIER AND SOLDIERS DIE. SENT TO THEIR SLAUGHTER BY MEN IN GOVERNMENT PARASITES LIKE YOU! DAMN AND BLAST YOU! Damn you! AND DAMN YOU TOO (points to susannah)
2) YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH! YOU LEAVE HER OUT OF THIS!
1) Get out of my house and off my land!
2)Why? because i want to serve my country as you did! or because like you i love a woman who doesn’t love me!
3)Alfred don’t plea-
2)I LOVED HER! I love her still! and he stole her from me…. hell if you want to know the truth of it…. he stole her from samuel before the war!
1) God help me I’ll kill you!
2) Here! Read your darling Tristan’s letter!
1)I want to be with her, you know? 2)I recommend f***ing.
1)When are you planning to be married?
1)Damn you Tristan! You will marry her!
2)..And make an honest woman of her!
1)YYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSS! Damn you to hell!
2) Yes i will marry her…if she’ll have me
1) IF she’ll have you? Do you love her? hmm? or did you seduce her just to spite me!
2) That’s not what I did
1) and what about Samuel
2)what about samuel
1) You tell me about Samuel
2) We all loved samuel, Samuel is dead! WHAT!
1) How convienent that is for you!
2) Because you love her I will forgive you for that! ONCE! you say that again and we are not brothers! ONCE!
1. Forever turned out to be too long tristan. 2. i know. 1. (takes off bracelet) here… i don’t want it. 2. They told me that this was magic. That whoever wore it would be protected… keep it. 1. Tristan? Don’t you want to see Alfred? 2. It’s probably better that I don’t. Just tell him hello and congratulations.
1. I heard the oddest news today. 2. yes? 1. Tristan… is back. 2. Yes I know. 1. How do you know? 2. i saw him. 1. You mean to tell me that he had the audacity to come here just to see you? 2. No he wanted to see you but thought you’d get upset. 1. Oh! 2. I think he might be right. 1. Well what did he — what did he say? 2. He said to say hello, and congratulations. 1. (laughs) He told you the news did he? 2. (laughs, has no clue) 1. Oh come on, it’s absurd! Marrying Isabel two! She is practically our sister. She can’t be more than what? 19? 2. 20 1. I just wonder what Decker is thinking about to allow this. 2. Well, perhaps he is thinking of his daughter’s happiness. 1. Happiness? with tristan? You of all people should know how impossible that prospect is. 2. Well, I’m not isabel two.
1. I’m so sorry. We all loved her. 2. How are you? 1. (sighs) We never get to see you. 2. (nods) 1. I gave a speech the other day. 2. yeah? 1. yeah. My first public engagement. It was um… it was on the responsibilities of women in- …. it’s good to see you. *1&2 hug* 2. (pulls away) I’m sorry. I’m sorry. 1. you know, I still sometimes dream, that I am the mother of your children. I wanted her to die. Or maybe I even wanted samuel to die. 2. You had nothing to do with samuel’s death and you had nothing to do with isabel’s death. 1. Didn’t I?
1. Were you … uh… going to say goodbye? … Tristan? How long will you be gone? 2. Not long…. few months. 1. I can make it better for you. 2. No 1. If we’d had a child, or if i were pregnant would you still be going? 2. yes. 1. Just give me a chance. 2. Don’t do that. 1.Look at me…. please… look at me. I’ll wait for you, however long it takes. I’ll wait for you forever
1. When are you planning on being married. 2. Morning. 1. Damn you Tristan! You will marry her. 2. And make an honest woman of her? 1. YES!!! Goddamn you to hell. 2. Yes, I will marry her. If she’ll have me. 1. If she’ll have you? Do you love her? Or did you seduce her just to spite me. 2. That’s not what I did. 1. And what about Samuel? 2. What about Samuel? 1. You tell me about Samuel. 2. We all loved Samuel, Samuel is dead. WHAT?!?! 1. How convenient that is for you. 2. Because you love her, I will forgive you for that. Once, you say that again, and we are not brothers. ONCE. 1. Tristan, you know you can’t make her happy. 2. Gonna try. 1. You will fail.
Alfred: I followed all the rules…. man’s and God’s…and you (Tristan)you followed none of them. And they all loved you more! Samuel, father, and my… even my own wife!
Are you never coming home and afraid to tell me?
As evening fell a maiden stood at the edge of a wood. In her hands lay the reins of a stallion. And ne’er I’d seen a girl as fair, heard a gentler voice anywhere, whispered alas, she belonged, belonged to another, another, forever. Yes she belonged to the twilight and mist.
As for Samuel, I have big news. At a Harvard tea for Amy Lowell he met and instantly loved Miss Susannah Fincannen. And William, I know it will surprise you, but they are engaged.
Because you love her I will forgive you for that, once. ONCE! But you say that again and we are not brothers.
Brother,i wanna ask to watch over my children,to watch over Samuel..
Brother,it’ll be an honour
Damn fools he called them, damn fools. The Colonel would not have his sons ride off to war on old nags, damn fools or not.
Don’t talk at me, boys, as if I’ve never seen a war!
Every warrior hopes that a great death will find him. But Tristan couldn’t wait. He went looking for his.
Forever turned out to be too long
Forever turned out to be too long, Tristan.
Hello. You must be Isabel Two. I’ve already met your mother and father.
How much I wanted to take scalps, but it was not my kill.
How strange to have a cultivated woman in the house again. And how intoxicating.
I am not fool enough to try to re-order a life already lived. Yet, I fear I have not done well raising our sons all alone in this wild place. What do I know of children? I was trained to lead men. This is infinitely harder.
I have many leatherbound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogony
I hope you and ugly here find ever happiness in the world together.
I loved her! I love her still!
I still love you, and you’ll tolerate me because of how much I love you.
I suggest fucking.
I wanted her to die…. or maybe i even wanted samuel to die.
You had nothing to do with Isabel’s death and you had nothing to do with Samuel’s death
I will wait for you, however long it takes. I will wait for you forever.
I’ll wait for you, however long it takes. I’ll wait for you forever.
I’ll wait for you. I’ll wait for you forever.
I’ll wait for you…I’ll wait for you forever.
It is said that when a man and an animal have spilt eachothers blood they have become one.
It was a good death.
My father, gentlemen, claims that the government has neither wisdom nor humanity. I will then consider it my duty as my father’s son to bring both wisdom and humanity to the United States’ Congress. I thank you for your blessing, father.
Once! Because you love her I will forgive you for that. ONCE! You say that again, and we are not brothers.
Perhaps you’re wondering why you’re not already dead. It’s because your brother is Congressman Ludlow. And that’s it. And that’s all.
Please excuse my brother. Your dog has more breeding.
Samuel, you’re good at everything you try to do. I’m sure it’ll be the same with fucking.
She was like the water that freezes in the rock and splits it apart. It was no more her fault that it is the water’s when the rock shatters.
So this is Tristan. And does he speak English?
So…ya fuck her yet?
Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, but they become legends.
Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, but they become legends…
Some people hear their own voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear.Such people become crazy or they become legends
Stab speak english?! Ha! He wouldnt lower himself to speak english would you stab?!
Susannah, all we had is dead, as I am dead. Marry another.
Thats me right? The little girl
The old ones say that when a man and an animal have spilled each other’s blood, they become one.
Tris: I will make her happy
Albert:And you will fail
Tristan, I have nowhere to send this letter and no reason to believe you wish to receive it. I write it only for myself. And so I will hide it away with all things left unsaid and undone between us.
Tristan, I have nowhere to send this letter, and no reason to believe you wish to recieve it. I write it only for my self, and so I will hide it away along with all things unsaid and undone between us.
Tristan, you know you can’t make her happy.
Twas a good death
You have won her, I am bringing her home.
You know when Samuel died I cursed God. And yet I damned everyone around me including myself…… You are not damned Tristan. YOU ARE NOT DAMNED!!
You’ll have to exuse my brother he has more breeding then your dog.
Page Topic: Movie Quotes from ‘Legends of the Fall’: Quotes from the movie ‘Legends of the Fall’