#1: A year is a long time. #2: Not so long. Just once around the sun.
1) Besides, the color doesn’t match. 2) He’s right. My eyes are prettier.
1) Do you really wanna be in there? 2) I don’t wanna be in there, I wanna be up there. 1) What’s up there? 2) what’s what I wanna find out Jerome. 1) Call me Eugene. My middle name. If you’re gonna be Jerome, you better start getting used to it.
1) Don’t you understand? I can’t do that. 2) You just did.
1) How are you doing this Vincent? How have you done any of this? We have to go back. 2) It’s too late for that. We’re closer to the other side. 1) What other side? You wanna drown us both? 2) You wanna know how I did it? This is how I did it Anton. I never saved anything for the swim back.
1) How many launches are there in a day? A dozen? 2) Sometimes more. 1) You’re the only one who watches every one of them. If you’re going to pretend like you don’t care, don’t look up.
1) How the hell did you get up here? 2)Oh, I could always walk. I’ve been faking it.
1) I had this crazy idea. That you were more interested in the murder case than me. 2) You’re right. That’s a crazy idea.
1) I have visitors. 2) Yeah, well, none that you don’t pay. 1) I wouldn’t have it any other way.
1) I think she likes us. 2) Yeah, sure. Just give her a little bit of time. She’ll get used to the idea.
1) Listen, you’re in a lot of trouble Vincent, I can get you out of here. 2) Do you have any idea what it took to get IN here?
1) My god, what’s wrong with the machine! 2) There’s nothing wrong with the machine, it’s a hot sample. You’ve been drinking again! 1) I haven’t! 2) Christ Eugene, it’s 8:00 in the morning! 1) I HAVEN’T!
1) So what if they do find something? I’m gonna be slightly out of their jurisdiction. 2) We have to get drunk immediately.
1) The investigators are coming by. I’m supposed to be sick. 2) So you keep telling me.
1) The only way you’ll see the inside of a spaceship is if you were cleaning it. 2) My father was right.
1) There’s still the matter of the height. 2) Why, how tall are you? 3) Four foot six. 2) How tall were you before the accident? 1) Unfortunately his profile says he’s six foot one.
1) When you clean the glass Vincent, don’t clean it too well. 2) What do you mean? 1) You might get ideas. 2) Yeah, but if the glass is clean, It’ll be that much easier for you to see me when I’m standing on the other side of it.
1) Where’s the shore? We’re too far out! 2) You wanna quit? 1) WE’RE TOO FAR OUT! 2) You wanna quit? 1) NO!
1) Who lives up there? 2) Well I certainly don’t.
1) You have a beautiful piece of equipment there, Jerome. Have I ever told you that? 2) Only every time I’m in here. 1) Occupational hazard. I see a great many on a course of any given day. Yours just happens to be an exceptional example. I don’t know why my folks didn’t order one like tht for me.
1) You keep your workstation so…clean, Jerome. 2) It’s next to godliness. Isn’t that what they say?
1) You should be going instead of me. 2) Why’s that? 1) Cause up there, your legs wouldn’t matter. 2) I’m scared of heights.
1. Flight got you nervous? 2. There’s a problem, Lamar. 1. Did I ever tell you about my son, Jerome? He’s a big fan of yours. He wants to apply here. 2.Just remember, Lamar, I could have gone up and back and nobody would have been the wiser–1. –Unfortunately my son’s not all that they promised. But then, who knows what he could do.For future reference—-righthanded men don’t hold it with their
left. It’s just one of those things. Have a safe trip, Vincent.
1.) Vincent, how are you doing this Vincent? How have you done any of this? We have to go back. 2.)It’s too late for that, we’re closer to the other side. 1.) What other side? Do you want to drown us both? 2.) You wanna know how I did it? This is how I did it, Antoine, I never saved anything for the swim back.
12 fingers or 1, it’s how you play
1: why, how tall are you? 2: 4’6”. 1. how tall were you before the accident?
9.3. quite a catch
And keep in mind this child is still you. Simply the best of you. You could conceive naturally a thousand times and never get such a result.
And that’s the way it was. Each day I would dispose of as much loose skin, fingernails and hair as possible to limit how much of my ‘in-valid’ self I would leave in the valid world.
Anton- You’ve Gone As Far As You Can Go, You Come With Me Now!!!! Vincent- Theres Still A Few Million Miles To Go. Anton- ITS OVER!!!
Vincent-Is That The Only Way You Can Succeed, Is To See Me Fail? Anton- Im Telli Anton- GOD EVEN YOU ARE GOING TO TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CANNOT DO NOW!!!!
Are you blind too, Vincent? Its SILVER. Jerome Morrow was never meant to be one step down on the podeum.
By the time we were playing at being blood brothers I understood that there was something very different flowing through my veins. And I’d need an awful lot more than a drop if I was going to get anywhere.
Consider God’s handiwork; who can straighten what He hath made crooked? – Ecclesiastes 7:13
Consider Godâ€™s handiwork: who can straighten what hath made crooked?
For all my brave talk, I knew it was just that. No matter how much I trained or how much I studied, the best test score in the world wasn’t going to matter unless I had the blood test to go with it.
For future reference, right handed men don’t hold it with their left… just one of those things… ~ Dr. Lamar
For future reference, right-handed men don’t hold it with their left. Just one of those things.
For someone not made for this world, i sure am having a hard time leaving it.
for the genetically superior, success is easier, but it is my no means guaranteed. After all, there is no gene for fate
From an early age i came to think of myself as others thought of me….chronically ill.
From an early age I came to think of myself as others thought of me: chronically ill. Every skinned knee and runny nose was treated as if it were life threatening.
GOD EVEN YOU ARE GONNA TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CAN’T DO NOW! In case you haven’t noticed, I don’t need any rescuing. But you did once. Well, you’ve got all the answers. How do you explain that?
He had everything except desire.
He suffered under a different burden, the burden of perfection.
He suffered under a different burden. The burden of perfection.
He suffered under a different burder. The burden of perfection.
He’s right..my eyes are prettier!
Hello everyone, nice to see you. I’m your detective for the evening. Please don’t leave the premesis. I said nobody leave! Am I speaking some kind of strange foreign language?
Hey, don’t eat that! It’s Pluto!
His credentials are impeccable. An expiration date you wouldn’t believe. The guy’s practically gonna live forever. He’s got an I.Q. off the regiser. Better than 20/20 in both eyes. And the heart of an ox. He could run through a wall, if he could still run.
Hmph. Jerome, never shy. Pisses on command.
How dare you insult me? What’s your number? WHAT’S YOUR NUMBER?
How the hell’d you get up here? 2: oh i could always walk… i’ve been faking it.
I belonged to a new underclass, no longer determined by social status or the color of your skin. No, we now have discrimination down to a science.
I commited no murder. You must be disappointed.
I got the better end of the deal, i only lent you my body, you lent my your dream
I got the better end of the deal. I only lent you my body – you lent me you dream.
I not only think that we will tamper with mother nature, I think mother nature wants us to.
I not only think that we will tamper with Mother Nature, I think Mother wants us to – Willard Gaylin
I only lent you my body…You lent me your dream…
I was never more certain about not achieving my goal than when I was standing right next to it.
i was never more certain of how far away i was from my goal than when i was standing right beside it.
I’ll never understand what possesed my mother to put her faith in God’s hands, rather than those of her local geneticist.
If at first you dont succeed… try, try again
If you refused to discolse, they can always take a sample from a door handle, or a handshake, even the saliva on your application form. If in doubt, a legal drug test can just as easily become an illegal peek at your future in the company.
if you’re stll interested let me know
oops the wind caught it
Is the only way you can succeed is to see me fail?
It didn’t matter how much I lied on my resume. My real resume was in my cells. Why should anybody invest all that money to train me when there are a thousand other applicants with a far cleaner profile.
Just remember that I was as good as any and better than most.
Like most parents of their day, they were determined that their next child would be brought into the world in what has become, the natural way.
Listen to what I’m saying to you: I want what I ordered. It’s a completely different colour!… No, I’m bored of talking to you. I’m BORED.
Listen. It’s not too late to back out. This is the last day that you’re gonna be you and I’m gonna be me.
Maybe it was the love of the planets, maybe it was just my growing dislike for this one, but for as long as I can remember, I have dreamed of going into space.
No longer is success based on race or social status. No, we now have prejudice down to a science.
Of course, it’s illegal to discriminate. ‘Genoism’ it’s called. But no one takes the law seriously.
One man’s loss is another man’s gain.
Our favorite game was chicken. When our parents weren’t watching, we used to swim as far out as we dared. It was about who would get scared and turn back first. Of course it was always me. Anton was by far the stronger swimmer and he had no excuse to fail.
Right handed men don’t hold it with their left hand.
So what does Titan look like at this time of the year?
So. What’s Titan like this time of year?
stop with the jokes jerome – lets get down to the business of your armlength
That was the company that sends us your hair dye. They’ve sent me Summer Wheat instead of Honey Dawn! Any fool knows it’s two shades lighter. Now I’m probably going to have to pay for the five boxes they’ve sent me! The idiots I have to work with, you wouldn’t believe.
that’s how i did it, i never saved anything for the swim back.
That’s how my brother Anton came into the world. A son my father considered worthy of his name.
the human quote is to pricless to be pricless
the human spirit is to pricless to be pricless
The most unremarkable of events. Jerome Morrow, navigator first class, is about to embark on a one year manned-mission to Titan, the fourteenth moon of Saturn. A highly prestigious assignment. Although for Jerome, selection was virtually guaranteed at birth. He’s blessed with all the gifts required for such an undertaking. A genetic quotient second to none. No, there is truly nothing remarkable about the progress of Jerome Morrow. Except that I am not Jerome Morrow.
The only way you’re going to see the inside of a space shuttle is if you’re cleaning it.
There is more vodka in this piss then there is piss!!!!
There’s more vodka in this piss than there is piss.
Theres no gene for fate
They don’t care where you born, just how. Blood has no nationality. As long as it’s got what they’re looking for, it’s the only passport you need.
They Dont care where you were born, just how
They say when you’re weightless…it’s the closest thing to being in the womb…
They’ve got you looking so hard for any flaw that after a while, that’s all you see. For whatever it’s worth, I’m here to tell you that it is possible. It is possible.
This can’t have been opened more than 5 minutes ago! A wine like this has to breathe. Remember that.
Though a tragedy this may be it doesn’t stop the world from turning, does it?
Two samples, two days. Either the suspect went back to the scene of the crime to get a drink of water, and I don’t know anybody that thirsty, or he still works there.
Unfortunately, my son’s not all that they promised. But then, who knows what he could do?
V: Twelve fingers or one, itâ€™s how you play
I: But that piece can only be played by twelve
Vincent- But We Do Have One Thing In Common…Only I Dont Have 20 Or 30 Years Left In Mine, Mine Is Already 10,000 Beats Overdo. Irene- That’s Not Possible Vincent- You Are The Authority On What Is Not Possible, Aren’t You Irene? They Have Got You Looking So Hard For Any Flaw That After A While Thats All That You See. For Whatever It’s Worth, I’m Here To Tell You That It Is Possible, It Is Possible.
we have enough imperfection built in as it is
we have to get drunk immediately
We have to get drunk immediately.
What about you your majesty? You dreamin of space? Come here. You can start by cleaning this space right here.
What makes you think that you can be me at all (Eugene)
What’s Titan like this time of year?
Whats your number? Whats your fucking number
you are the authority of what is not possible aren’t you Eileen…they got you looking so hard for any flaw that after awhile its all that you see…well I’m here to tell you IT IS possible…
you can’t quit on me now, i have put to much into this
You could go any where with this guys helix tucked under your arm, his IQ is of the charts a genetic qotient second to none….an expiry date you wouldn’t believe… He’s pratically gonna live forever, the heart of an ox… this guy could run throught a wall….. if he could still walk…
You could play the piano by that heartbeat of his.
You couldn’t see could you, that night, crossing the street? You crossed anyway.
You didn’t beat me that day, I failed myself.
You don’t want to miss your flight, Vinsent
YOU FUCKING FLATFOOT
You had to be a right-hander huh? I guess no one orders southpaws any more.
You know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton: I never saved anything for the swim back
You want to know how I did it Anton? I’ll tell you how I did it! I never saved anything for the swim back!
You’re fine today aren’t you? My god, what a mess you were in.
your child doesnt need any additional burderns
[J] Are you ok? [V]yeh…. wanna go dancing?
[v] jerome morrow. thats a nice name. [j] its my name. [v]well i cant be u without it. [j] what makes u think u can be me at all?
[v]why have u done this? [j] so jerome will always be here when u need him. [v] where u going? [j] i’m travelling too
Page Topic: Movie Quotes from ‘Gattaca’: Quotes from the movie ‘Gattaca’