Movie Quotes from Sleepers: Quotes from the movie Sleepers
(1) You really seem to like the book ‘The Count of Monte Cristo’. (2) It’s my favorite. I like it more since I’ve been in here. (1) Why is that? (2)It’s like, he wouldn’t let anyone beat him, the Count. Took what he had to take, beating, insults, whatever. And he learned from it. Then when the time came for him to do something, he made his move.
(1)A judge would call it perjury.
(2)And what are we calling it?
(1)A priest wouldn’t lie. Am I right?
(2)A priest with ticket stubs wouldn’t need to lie. I always keep the stubs.
(1)We weren’t that bad. I mean, some people wanted to hear us sing. (2)That kid at the deaf school don’t count!
(1)Well don’t disappear on me, Counselor. I may need a good lawyer one day.
(2)You can’t afford a good lawyer.
(1)I may need a good friend, though.
(2)I’ll find you when you do.
(1)Why didn’t you ever ask me out?
(2)’Cause you were Mikey’s girl. He got to you first.
(1)And after Mikey?
(2)I think it was Tommy’s turn.
1) Can I help you with something Chief? 2) Not right now, enjoy the rest of your meal
1) Good. I can handle two, but you gotta get one for our side. 2) One what? 1) One witness-a witness who’ll put John and Tommy somewhere else on the night of the murder. A witness they can’t touch. 2) Don’t they got a name for that? 1) The judge will call it perjury. 2) And what are we calling it? 1)A favor.
1) Hey, do me a favor, would you? 2) What’s that? 1) If I ever make it on to your shit list, give me a call. Give me a chance to apologize.
1) Just don’t drift, don’t drink, and don’t lose. 2) What if I do lose? 1) Then you go down for the dirt nap.
1) So, you Hell’s Kitchen boys get any lunch? 2)I got to smell it.
1) The 16th chapel? 2) The Sistine Chapel. 1) Who painted the other 15?
1) These things are heavier than they look. 2) Genius, these are gas tanks to keep the food hot. They’re heavier than shit. 1) think we can push it, the three of us? 3) Push it where, huh? 1) Couple of blocks. Be a nice surprise for the guy, when he comes back from chasing Shakes, not to find his cart.
1) We got everything in here but a confession.
2) I thought Iâ€™d leave that up to you. My preference is that you beat it out of him. These are surveillance photos.
2) This piece a shitâ€™s pullin in about five grand a month rippin off pushers, has been for about three years.
1) More like four.
2) He ain’t gonna see five.
1) So you got enough for a conviction?
2) That ainâ€™t up to me. Thatâ€™s up to a jury.
1) Show the jury this.
2) Whaddya got there Ness?
1) About three weeks ago a body of a drug dealer named Indian Red Lopez was found in an alley in Jackson Heights. Three bullets in his head, nothing in his pockets.
2) I’m with ya so far.
1) This is the gun that killed him. These are the shells.
2) And uh, what’s behind door number three?
1) The prints on the gun belong to Adam Styler.
2) Hey do me a favor will ya?
1) whatâ€™s that?
2) If I ever make it on to your shitlist, gimme a call. Gimme a chance to apologize.
1) You need anything else you talk to Frank. He knows how to get a hold a me.
3) Take care a yourself kid.
2) Hey Ness? You ever think of becoming a cop?
1) And leave the good guys?
1) What do you want?
2) A blow-job. Down on your knees…
1) What have you boys done? What in the name of sweet Jesus have you boys done? 2) I think we just killed a man.
1) You got a copy of the book at home? (2) I got the Classics Illustrated Comic.
1) You know, you’re too old to play for the Yankees, and you’re too young to take up golf. 2) Why you shooting holes through all my plans? You’re-you’re gonna make me panic.
1)What do you want?
1.)y gonna give me two?
Court is for uptown people with suits, money, lawyers with three names. If you got cash, you can buy court justice, but on the street justice has no price. She’s blind where the judge sits, but she’s not blind out here. Out here the bitch got eyes.
Father Bobby would have made a good hit man. It’s a shame we lost him to the other side.
For ninety minutes we took the game out of the prison, moved it miles beyond the locked gates and the sloping hills of the surrounding countryside. And brought it back down to the streets of the neighborhoods we had come from. For those ninety minutes we were once again free.
He shouldnt have to do any time! No one in this family should have to do any time! I’ve done enough time for everyone!
Hell’s Kitchen was a place of innocence ruled by corruption.
Hey you, here’s a nice piece of bread. There you go. You can’t have a good lunch without a nice piece of bread.
I just fucked your friend John.
I only had four cases last year. You know how many I won? None. That’s how many. None. In two of them I-I, uh, I think the uh, the jury blamed me personally
I wanna be able to sleep one night, and no have to worry about who’s comin in my room or what’s gonna happen to me, if I can get that then I’ll be happy.
I want to be able to sleep one night and not worry about who’s coming in my room or what’s gonna happen to me. If I can get that, then I’ll be happy.
I’d been in my room less than an hour when the panic set in. It doesn’t take very long to know how tough a person you are, or how strong. I knew from my first day at Wilkinson that I was neither tough nor strong.
I’m a timetable clerk, Mikey. Ask me what movie is playing at what time.
In church, it was used to alert the girls as to when they should stand, sit, kneel and genuflect-all based on a number of times a clacker was pressed. In my pocket, it was cause for havoc.
It was only a game. Just a touch football game, nothing more. But a game I wish we never played. Guards against inmates. The guards practiced four times a week. Our team was picked the monday before the game. We had a two hour practice. Didn’t matter much. We weren’t supposed to win. We were just supposed to show up.
It was our special night and we held it for as long as we could, it was our happy ending. And the last time we would ever be together again.
It’s not worth it, throwing away a life just to get even.
It’s time for quiet, Shakes.
It’s time for quite Shakes, I just want to find a place where I can shut my eyes and not have to see all the places I’ve been
Meanwhile you got 2 guys on trial who killed more people than cancer
Michael’s plan relied heavily on Hell’s Kitchen to deliver information and keep quiet. Both were skills he neighborhood had in abundance.
Mug me or marry me, Shakes. I’m too tired for anything else.
Nuns are such easy targets.
Oh, you ordered the meat loaf. The brisket’s really good here, only you’ll never know it. You fucked up.
One down Shakes. One down.
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!, I BURRIED ONE FUCKING WIFE, I CAN GO BURRIE ANOTHER ONE
The future lay sparkling ahead, and we thought we would know eachother forever.
The future lies sparkling ahead… and we thought we’d know each other forever.
The Next time you’ll be meeting me, I may not be in your division but I do weight more the 85 pounds. after I am done, You wont need a doctor, You’ll need a preist to pray over your body, I’ll see you in church.
The plan, as it turned out, was as simple and as dumb as anything we had ever done. We were to hold the cart at the top edge of the stairwell, leaning it downward and wait for the vendor. We were to let it go the second he grabbed the handles, then we’d leave the scene as he struggled to ease the cart back on the sidewalk. To this day, I don’t know why we did it, but we would all pay a price. It only took a minute, but in that minute, everything changed.
The temperature topped out a ninety-eight degrees the day our lives were forever altered.
The underground word, the only one that mattered, had spread through the streets with the speed of a late night bullet.
This is a true story about a friendship that runs deeper than blood. This is my story and that of the only three friends in my life who have truly mattered. Two of them were killers who never made it past the age of 30. The other is a non-practicing attorney, living with the pain of his past, too afraid to let it go, never confronting its horror. I am the only one who can speak for them, and the children we were.
This is a true story of how friendships run deeper than blood. This is my story of the only three friends in my life that have truly mattered. Two of them were killers that never made it past the age of 30. The other is a non practicing attorney, living within the pain of his past, too afraid to let go, finding reassurance instead of confronting its horror. I was the only one that could speak for them, and for the children we were.
This is amazing…
Hello, it’s been a long time.
Who the fuck are you guys? ….Hey! Who the fuck asked you to sit down??
I thought you’d be happy to see us. I guess I was wrong. Ya know, I thought you’d do a lot better. With all that training, all that time you put in, just to end up watchin someone else’s money. That seems like a waste.
I’m askin you for the last time, what the fuck do you want?
Why don’t you take your time, it’ll come to you.
I could see how he might forget us. We were just somethin for you and your friends to play with.
It’s a little harder for us to forget. You gave us so much more to remember.
Canâ€™t quite place us, can ya chief? Lemme help ya out. Youâ€™re lookin at John Reilly and Tommy Marcano.
Oh yeah…yeah, thatâ€™s right….That was a long time ago….So how ya been?
Yeah, we ainâ€™t kids now.
Eh, so whaddya want?
What Iâ€™ve always wanted, is to watch you die.
(places gun on the table)
Oh, you ordered the meat loaf. The brisketâ€™s really good here, only youâ€™ll never know it. You fucked up.
Yeah, you were scared little pricks, both a yas. All a yas…scared shitless. But Iâ€¦I tried to make you tough. I tried to make you hard.
I had you all wrong then, Nokes,. All this time I thought you just liked fuckin and beatin up little boys.
You two motherfuckers are gonna burn in hell. Youâ€™re gonna burn in hell.
Yeah, after you.
Thought youâ€™d never wake up.
I thought Iâ€™d never want to.
John â€˜n Tommy…theyâ€™re on the other side there.
How are they?
They killed him?
They took turns beating him until there was nothing of that kid to beat.
Rizzo was dead because of us. We made him think that going up against the guards in a meaningless football game had some value. That it would give us a reason to go on. Once again, we were wrong.
tommy: its a little harder for us to forget , you gave us so much to remember
We got everything in here but a confession.
I thought Iâ€™d leave that up to you. My preference is that you beat it out of him.
These are surveillance photos. This piece a shitâ€™s pullin in about five grand a month rippin off pushers, has been for about three years.
More like four.
He ain’t gonna see five.
So you got enough for a conviction?
That ainâ€™t up to me. Thatâ€™s up to a jury.
Show the jury this.
Whaddya got there Ness?
About three weeks ago a body of a drug dealer named Indian Red Lopez was found in an alley in Jackson Heights. Three bullets in his head, nothing in his pockets.
I’m with ya so far.
This is the gun that killed him. These are the shells.
And uh, what’s behind door number three?
The prints on the gun belong to Adam Styler.
Hey do me a favor will ya?
If I ever make it on to your shitlist, gimme a call. Gimme a chance to apologize.
You need anything else you talk to Frank. He knows how to get a hold a me.
Take care a yourself kid.
Hey Ness? You ever think of becoming a cop?
And leave the good guys?
What a fucking thing we put together, huh? You have a drunk lawyer on one side, a kid lawyer on the other, fucking paperboy making like Dick Tracy. There are four sets of eyeballs that saw the whole thing. You know? Meanwhile the two on trial killed more people than cancer. Fucking General Custer has a better shot at a walk.
Whenever we went out as a group, Carol would walk between Michael and John, grasping arms…in step between the lawyer and the killer.
You are the real Count! Alive and well and living in New York City!
You boys are like appetizers. These streets are going to eat you up and forget about you by dessert.
You can’t shit a shitter
You guys were supposed to take the hot dogs, not the wagon.
You know your time here hasn’t taught you shit. You’re still the same fuckin’ bunch of clowns you were the day you walked in here.
You read The Count of Monte Cristo lately?
You read the Count of Monte Cristo lately? Yeah like 10 years/ I read abit of it everynight I read words like revenge..sweet lasting revenge.
You see that street? It’s the dish of life. And you boys? Are the appetizers.
You still sleep with the light on?
you two are gonna rot in hell, you’re gonna rot in hell!!! Ya, well after you…-=boom boom boom boom boom=-
You want a Rolls Royce, you don’t come here. No, no. You go to England, or wherever the fuck they make it. You want champagne, you go see the French. If you need money, you find a Jew. But if you want dirt or scum buried under a rock somewhere, or some secret nobody wants anybody to know about, there’s only one place to go-right here-Hell’s Kitchen. It’s the lost and found of shit. They lose it and we find it. Forget about it man.
Page Topic: Movie Quotes from ‘Sleepers’: Quotes from the movie ‘Sleepers’