Movie Quotes from Mulholland Drive: Quotes from the movie Mulholland Drive
1) A man’s attitude… a man’s attitude goes some ways toward how a man’s life will be. Is that somethin’ you agree with?
1) Now… did you answer cause you thought that’s what I wanted to hear or did you think about what I said and answer cause you truly believe that to be right?
1) Good afternoon, Mr. Roque. Her name is Camilla Rhodes. The director doesn’t want her. Do you want him replaced? I know they said…
1) Then that means we should…
1) Shut everything down.
1) Is that something that…
1) You want us to shut everything down?
1) Then we’ll shut everything down.
1) I just wanted to come here.
2) To Winkies?
1) This Winkies.
2) Okay, why this Winkies?
1) It’s kind of embarrassing.
2) Go ahead.
1) I had a dream about this place.
2) [sarcastic] Oh, boy.
1) See what I mean?
2) Okay, so you had a dream about this place. Tell me.
1) Well, it’s the second one I’ve had, but they’re both the same. They start out that I’m in here, but it’s not day or night. It’s kind of half-night, you know? But it looks just like this, except for the light. And I’m scared like I can’t tell you. Of all people, you’re standing right over there, by that counter. You’re in both dreams and you’re scared. I get even more frightened when I see how afraid you are and then I realize what it is. There’s a man, in back of this place. He’s the one who’s doing it. I can see him through the wall. I can see his face. I hope that I will never see that face ever outside of a dream. That’s it.
2) So, you came to see for yourself if he’s out there.
1) [leans in] To get rid of this God awful feeling.
1) It’s not a contest… the two of them… with themselves… So don’t play it for real until it gets real.
1) Mulholland Drive?
2) That’s where I was going!
1) There’s sometimes a buggy. How many drivers does a buggy have?
1) So, let’s just say I’m driving this buggy. And, if you fix your attitude, you can ride along with me.
1) This is the girl!
2) Hey, that girl is not in my film!
1) It’s no longer your film.
1) Well, just stop for a little second and think about it. Will ya do that for me?
2) Okay, I’m thinking.
1) No. You’re too busy being a smart aleck to be thinkin’. Now I want ya to think and quit bein’ such a smart aleck. Can ya do that for me?
1) What’s your name?
1) Yeah, Betty, look, you don’t rush it. I don’t rush it.
1) Yes? May I help you?
2) Someone is in trouble. Who are you? What are you doing in Ruth’s apartment?
1) She’s letting me stay here. I’m her niece. My name’s Betty.
2) No, it’s not. That’s not what she said. Someone is in trouble. Something bad is happening!
1) You’re broke!
2) But I’m not broke.
1) I know, but you’re broke. Where are you?
1) [after kissing Rita] Have you ever done this before?
2) I don’t know.
1) [looking around to see her bags missing] My bags!
2) [from the curb, with Betty’s bags] Where to?
1) [smiling] 1612 Havenhurst!
a man’s attitudes….a man’s attitudes goes some ways to the way his life will be. Is that something you might agree with?
Deep River, Ontario.
Don’t get me wrong. I love Wally. I ought to. I was married to him for 10 years. And I love actors, all actors. We just get a little catty sometimes.
Good night, sweet Betty.
Have you ever done this before
Hey, pretty girl, time to wake up.
I guess you’re not Diane Selkins.
I just moved here from Big Lake, Ontario and now I’m in this…dreamplace.
It’s strange calling yourself.
Just forget you ever saw it. It’s better that way.
No hay banda.
Now you will see me one more time if you do good. You will see me two more times if you do bad. Goodnight.
Now, you will see me one more time if you do good. You’ll see me two more times if you do bad. Goodnight.
She’s letting me stay here while she’s working on a movie that’s being made in Canada. But I guess you already know that. Well, I couldn’t afford a place like this in a million years… unless, of course, I’m discovered and become a movie star. Of course, I’d rather be known as a great actress than a movie star. But, you know, sometimes people end up being both. So that is, I guess you’d say, sort of why I came here.
I’m sorry. I’m just so excited to be here. I mean I just came here from Deep River, Ontario, and now I’m in this dream place. Well, you can imagine how I feel.
So don’t play it for real until it gets real.
Someone is in trouble, something bad is happening.
That ain’t no way to treat your wife. I don’t care what she’s done.
This girl is NOT in my movie
It’s no longer your movie
This is the girl.
We don’t stop here!
Why don’t you just leave and forget about this?
Wilkins! Wilkins! If that damn dog craps in the courtyard one more time, I’m just gonna bake his little butt for breakfast!
You know, there was a man that lived here once that had a prize-fighting kangaroo. Well, you just wouldn’t believe what that kangaroo did to this courtyard!
You want me to make this easy for you? No fucking way! It’s not gonna be. t’s not easy for me!
[Adam catches his wife Lorraine in bed with Gene Clean.]
Just forget you ever saw it. It’s better that way.
[after punching Adam] That ain’t no way to treat your wife, buddy. I don’t care what she’s done.
[At the club Silencio]
No hay banda! There is no band. It is all an illusion…
Page Topic: Movie Quotes from ‘Mulholland Drive’: Quotes from the movie ‘Mulholland Drive’