Movie Quotes from Mummy, The: Quotes from the movie Mummy, The
I believe if I can see it
and I can touch it, then it’s
real. That’s what I believe.
LEAVE THIS PLACE! …. LEAVE THIS
PLACE OR DIE!
These men are a desert people
they value water, not gold.
#1-Patience is a virtue. #2-Not right now it isn’t!
#1: Can You Swim? #2: Of course I can swim, if the occasion calls for it! #1: Trust me, it calls for it!
#1: Looks like I’ve got all the horses! #2: Hey Benny! Looks like your on the wrong side of the river!
#1: Looks like we go home empty handed… again.
#2: I wouldn’t say that (Looking at #3)
#1: Oh puh-leese.
‘I thought you said the Book of Amunrah was made out of gold.’ ‘It is made out of gold. This isn’t the Book of Amunrah. This is something else. I think this may be the Book of the Dead.’ ‘The Book of the Dead? are you sure you want to be messing around with this thing?’ ‘It’s just a book. No harm ever came from reading a book.’
‘So, *you’re* the one leading the Americans. I might’ve known. So, what’s the scambag? You lead them all the way into the middle of the desert, and then you leave them there to *rot*?!?’ ‘Unfortunately no. These Americans are smart. They pay me half now, and half when I get them back to Cairo.’ ‘Yeah, that’s the breaks, huh?’
‘Well if it isn’t my little buddy Benny. I think I’ll kill you.’ ‘Think of my children!’
‘You don’t have any children.’ ‘Someday I might.’
( Refering to a cavernous hall filles with gold ) 1) Do you see….? 2) Ah-ha 1)Do you believe ……..? 2) Ah-ha 2) Can we just ? 2) No
( Walking through a water fountin ) Some bloody idiot’s spilt his drink !
I can’t believe the price of
We coulda had ’em for free, all
we had to do was give ’em your sister.
Yes, awfully tempting, wasn’t it?
How!? You heard the man, no mortal
weapons can kill this guy.
Then we’ll have to find some
It says, there is one, the undead,
who if brought back to life, is
bound by sacred law to consummate
Yeah, well, let’s just make sure
we don’t bring anybody back from
the dead then, huh?
Oh my god, love dreamed about
this ever since I was a little girl.
You dream about dead guys?
(1) Have you no respect for the dead? (2) Yes, but sometimes, I’d rather like to join them. (1) Well I wish you’d do it sooner rather than later before you ruin my career the way you’ve ruined yours!
(1) There is a curse upon this chest.
Curse my ass.
(1)Jonathan, you lied to me! (2) I lie to everybody! What makes you so special? (1) I am your sister! (2) Well that just makes you more gullible!
(1)Oh my god, It’s a preparation room.
Preparation for what?
(1) For entering the afterlife
Mummies, my good son, this is
where they made the mummies.
(1)This here is our statue,…friend.
Don’t see your name on it,…pal
(1)Unlike my brother, sir, I know
when to say no.
Unlike your brother, Miss, you
I don’t get.
(1)We uh,…found …. your puzzle box,
and we’ve come to ask you about it.
No. …You came to ask me about
(After Evelyn sneaks over and takes the Book of the Dead from Dr. Chamberlin while he sleeps)
RICK: That’s called ‘stealing’ you know.
EVELYN: Well according to you and my brother, it’s called ‘borrowing’.
(Evie translates hieroglyphics) Take that Oxford scholars!!
(its from its sequal) Alxe: My dad is going to kick your ass! Imhotep: I do not think so!
(Rick throws his big bag of guns onto the table right in front of Evelyn, while she is quietly reading.)
RICK: Sorry, didn’t mean to scare ya.
EVELYN: The only thing that scares me, Mr. O’Connel, are you manners.
(Strong gust of wind) That happens a lot around here.
1) And what’s the task ? 2) Fly in . Rescue the damsel in distress . Kill the bad guy . Save the world . 1) I say ! Is it dangerous ? 2) Well you probably won’t live through it . 1) By Jo , do you really think so ? 3) Well everyone else we’ve bumped into has perished , why not you ? 1) HA ha ! Whinston … at you service !
1) And what’s the task ?
2) Fly in, rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world .
1) I say ! Is it dangerous ?
2) Well you probably won’t live through it .
1) By Jo , do you really think so ?
3) Well, everyone else we’ve bumped into has perished. Why not you ?
1) HA ha ! Winston … at you service !
1) And you think this justifies the killing of innocent people?
2) Let me think…to this creature?
1) Hey ! Hey ! O’connell !!!! Looks to me like I’ve got all the HORSES !!!!!!!!! 2) Hey Benny !!!! Looks to me like you’re on the wrong side of the river !!!!!!!!!!
1) Hey O’Connell, looks to me like I got all the horses. 2) Hey Bennie, looks to me like you’re on the wrong side of the river.
1) I heard you foung yourselves a nice gooey mummy. Well congratulations. 2) You know if you dry that sucker out you can sell it for firewood.
1) I thought you didn’t believe in all that fairy tales and hoakum 2) Well , having an encounter with a 3 thousand year old , walking , talkiing MUmmy , does tend to convert one .
1) Is he supposed to look like that ? 2) No , I’ve never seen a muumy look like that .He’s still..still… 1&3) JUICEY .
1) That’s called stealing you know 2) According to you and my brother it’s called borrowing .
1) The book ! The black book they found at Hamunaptra ! That’s it ! That’s all he wants ! I swear it ! That’s all he wants ! And your sister.
1) The map! The map! I forgot the map!
2) Relax. *I’m* the map. It’s all up here.
1) Oh, that’s comforting!
1) This chest is cursed only the undead may open it, ah curse my ass wheres the treasure….benny- we should not be here….benny- its the curse PREPARE OF THE CURSE! some guy- stupid supertious bastard!!!!! muhahahahahahah
1) You came back from the dessert with a new friend didn’t you Benny ?
1) You lied to me
2)I lie to everyone, what makes you so special?
1)I am your sister!
2)That just makes you more gullible
1) You swear?
2) Every damn day!
1) You were actually at Hamanaptra ? 2) Yeah I was there 1) Do you swear ? 2) Every damn day
1):I may not be an adventurer or an explorer, Mr O’connel, but i am proud of what i am 2): and uh, what exactly are you? 1): I am a librarian
1)Abdul…Muhammad…Bob? (walks up to coffin) AHH! Johnathan, don’t you have any respect for the dead? 2)Of course, and sometimes I think i would rather like to join them!
1)hey O’connel looks to me like i’ve got all that horses!! 2)hey benny looks to me like you’re on the wrong side of the river!!
1)If I were to say to you, I am a stranger traveling from the east seeking that which is lost…2)Then I would reply I am the stranger from the west it is I whom you seek.
1)patience is a virtue 2)not right now it isn’t
1)Stop, you’re going to kill them! 2)That’s the idea…
1)This here is our digging site friend! 2) I don’t see your name written on it pal!!
1)Well if isn’t my little buddy benny!! I’ll think I’ll kill you!! 2)No think of my children!! 1)you dont have any children 2)someday i might!
1)You’re gonna get yours benny you’re gonna get yours!! 2)o like i’ve never heard that before!!
1-May the good lord protect and watch over me, as a shepherd watched over his flock.
-Yo e ley e hee. se a ti a te hish. Qua a va lee hee. No? OK.
-Sho sho chi gas bow oo unh. Sho sho un bow.
-All di stabl knich. A ma men…
2-The language of the slaves… I may have some use for you.
1. Hey O’Connel looks to me like i’ve got all the horses! 2. Hey Benny looks to me like your on the wrong side of the river!!
1. Oooh. Now I may not be an explorer or a gunfighter, but I am proud of what I am. 2. And… what’s that? 1. I am….a librarian. And, I am going to kiss you, Mr. O’Connell.
1. Patience is a virtue… 2. Not right not it isn’t!!
1. Patience is a virtue… 2. Not right now it isn’t!!
1. So you’re leading the Americans, I might’ve known! What’s the scam, Beni, you take them out to the middle of the desert and then you leave them to rot? 2. Unfortunately, no, these Americans are smart, they pay me half now, half when we get back to Cairo so this time, I must go all the way.
1. Well it seems like the Americans had a misfortune of their own today, three of their diggers were… melted. 2. What? 1. Salt acid, pressurized salt acid, some kind of ancient booby trap.
1. Well, if it ain’t my little buddy Benny, I think I’ll kill you. 2. Think of my children! 1. You don’t have any children. 2. Some day I might
1.Do you sware?
2.Every damn day.
1: this is our dig site FRIEND.
2: I don’t see your name written on it PAL!
And what is he in prison for?
I did not know, so when I heard you were coming,
I asked him that myself.
And what did he say?
He said,….he was just looking for a good time.
(1)I’m sorry, it was an accident.
When Ramesses destroyed Syria, it was an
accident. You are a catastrophe!
I think you found something.
A little help would be useful, if it’s not too much trouble!!!
And the rivers and waters of
Egypt went red and were
Apparently he had a very good time!
Benni: Hey O’Connell! Looks like we have all the horses!
Rick: Hey Benni! Looks like you’re on the wrong side of the river!
Benny: Hey Rick! Looks to me like I’ve got all the horses! Rick: Hey Benny! Looks to me like your on the WRONG SIDE of the river!
bloody good show! And did I panic? I think not!!!
camels…filthy buggers…the bite, they smell, the spit..(jail keeper spits)
Come with me my princess it is time to make you mine forever.
For all eternity idiot
Compared to you, the other plagues were a joy
Couldn’t we just…
Death will come on swift wings
to whomever opens this chest
Death will come on swift wings to all those who open this CHEST!
Death will come on swift wings to whomsoever opens this chest.
Death, is only the beginning.
do you swear?….every damn day
Don’t you close that door!
Egyptologist fellow: death will come on swift wings to who so ever opens this chest.
Eve: You Swear!
O’Connel: Every Damn Day.
Eve: That’s Not What I Meant.
O’Connel: I Know What You Meant.
Evelyn: Do you have any bright ideas?
Rick: Don’t worry, I’ll figure something out…
Evelyn: You better. Because if he turns me into a mummy, you’re the first one I’m coming after.
Evelyn: I wonder what is a place like me doing in a girl like this?
Evelyn: Key? What key?
(Rick kicks open the door holding a gun)
(some fighting with bad guy begins knocking over an oil lamp. Room goes on fire.)
Evelyn: The map! The map!
Rick: Forget the map. I am the map it’s all up here.
(Points at his head as he drags her back out of the room)
Evelyn: well I may not be an explorer or an adventurer, but I am proud of what I am. O’Connell: And what is that? Evelyn: I…am a librarian.
EVELYN: You know, nasty little fellows like yourself always get their come-uppances
BENI: They do??
EVELYN: Mmm-hmm, ALWAYS.
Evelyn: [drunk] I bet you’re wondering – what’s a place like me doing in a girl like this?
Rick: Yeah, something like that.
Evie: it’s called mummification. You’re dead when they do it.
O’Connell: For the record, if I don’t make it out of here, don’t put me down for mummification.
Evie: THE MAP! I FORGOT THE MAP!
O’Connell: relax, I’M the map. It’s all up here. (points to his head)
eygptologist: what makes you so sure? O’connell: well what makes you? Henderson: well we got us a man who’s actually been there. Jonathan: well what a coincidence, because O’connell…….(O’connell hits him over the head with his bag)
Give me frogs, locusts, anything but you!
He must have been dead for thousands of years and he’s still…juicy.
He would arise a walking disease, an unholy flesh eater with the strength of ages ,power over the sand and the gift of inviciblity!!
HEY! OCONNELL!! Looks to me like we got all the horses! Hey Benny! Looks to me like your on the wrong side of the RIVER!!
Horus, old boy!
How about you, darling? Would you like a little kissy wissy?
I bet you’re wondering what a place like me is doing in a girl like this.
I bet you’re wondering what is a place like me doing in a girl like this?
I know what you’re thinking… what is place like me doing in a girl like this?
I know you’re wondering: What is a place like me doing in a girl like this!
I love the whole ‘sand wall’ thing, it was beautiful…ya bastard!
I love the whole sand wall trick. It was beautiful, de um- bastard!
I loved the whole sand wall trick… It was beautiful… bastard
I loved the whole sand-wall trick . It was beautiful !
i no yiu may be wondering, what is a place like me doing in a girl like this
I’ll be seeing you again
I’m sorry have I missed something, are we.. are we going into battle?
If it ain’t my lil’ buddy Benny… I think I’ll kill you
It does that a lot around here.
It is better to be the right hand of the devil than in his path
Johnathan I think you may have found something!!
Jonathan, you lost the book! I can’t believe you-
Jonathon. I think you’ve found something.
Know this, this creature is the bringer of death. He will never eat, he will never sleep, he will never stop.
Look at this! Sons of the Messiah! Give
me frogs, flies, locusts, Anything but this!
Compared to you, the other plagues were a joy!
loosen the knot and let me go!
Mighty good show chaps! and did I panick? I think not!(pulls out pick-pocketed key)
My body is no longer his temple!
No harm ever came from reading a book.
NO! YOU MUST NOT READ FROM THE BOOK!
No!! You must not read from the book!
O’connell to Eve : Are you alright ? ….Jonathon : Well , I’m not sure ….
O’Connell:Are you alright? Jonathan: Do I bloody look alright?
O’Connell:You’re gonna get yours ,Benny, you’re gonna get yours!Benny: Oh, like I’ve never heard that before!
Ooo look I might not be a explorer or an advenuter or a gun fighter mister o’connel!! But i am proud of what i am!! (and what is that?) i ….am a librarian!!
Personally, I think he’s filthy,
rude and a complete scoundrel.
I don’t like him one bit.
Rick: Can you swim?
Evelyn: Well of course I can swim if the occasion calls for it!
Rick: (Throws her overboard) Trust me, it calls for it!
Rick: SO let me get this straight…..they take out your guts and they stuff them in…jars?
Evie: yes and they take out your heart as well…Oh! and you know how they take out your brain? they take a sharp, red hot poker, stick it up your nose, scramble things about a bit and then rip it all out through your nostrils!!
Rick: Well if it ain’t my little buddy Beni. I think I’ll kill you.
Beni: Think of my children!
Rick: You don’t have any children.
Beni: Someday I might.
Rick: Why if it isn’t my little buddy Beni. I think I’ll kill you.
Beni: Think of my children!
Rick: You don’t have any kids.
Beni: Someday I might.
Rick: You’re with me on this one, right?
Beni: Oh, your strength gives me strength.
[Beni runs away]
Rick:(throws bag on table)didn’t mean to scare you Evelyn:the only thing that scares me O’connell are your manners
Rick:oops,didn’t mean to scare you Evelyn:the only thing that scare’s me O’connell are your manners
So who’s the broad?
Sons of the Pharohs! Give me frogs! Flies!! Locusts!! Anything but you! Compared to you, the other plagues were a joy!
ta da sahara a bitune lao- translation only thing the meiji says in meiji.
There’s something out there. Somthing underneath that sand.
They chareish water not gold
They take red hot poker, stick up your nose, scramble things about a bit, then pull it all out through your nostrils.
Think of something fast, because if he turns me into a mummy, you’re the first one I’m coming after.
this creature is the bringer of death. he will never eat, he will never sleep, he will never stop.
Tuthmosis? …. Now how did you get up here?
Two questions. Who the hell is Seti the First?
And was he rich?
We told you to leave or die . You refused . Now yo may have killed us all . For you have unleshed the creature we have feared for more than three thousand years . ……….. This creature is the bringer of death . He will never eat . He will never sleep . And he will never..stop
We’re about to be shown the way.
well according to you and my brother it’s not stealing, it’s borrowing!
What is that God awful stench?(jail keeper lowers on rope)Oh.
Who are they? Priests…Imhotep’s priests…. Alright, then. (Shooting!)
Who the hell are these guys?
Winston! Pedal faster!
wow 2thousand years of sexual frustration all taken out on me!!!
My ass has never felt better. isnt that right benny?
dont ask me personlley i think the donkey has more spunk in him that imophet ever will
Yes well I’m looking for a certain artifact. A book actually. The book of Amun Ra.
You always did have more balls
You have unleashed the creature that we have feared for more than three thousand years.
You have unleashed the creature we have feared for more than three thousand years.
You made a new friend, didn’t you Benny?
You’ll always have me old mum.
[a scarab has just crawled under Jonathan’s skin]
Jonathan: Do something! Do something!
[Rick whips out a knife]
Jonathan: Not that! Not that!
Page Topic: Movie Quotes from ‘Mummy, The’: Quotes from the movie ‘Mummy, The’